Would I even be a travel blogger if I didn’t do a 2016 review???? Here’s a quick reflection on my favorite moments of 2016:
- Brought in the new year by coming home from my second trip to Sedona AZ. Determined that this would not be the last time I saw this amazing place.
- Started 2016 experiencing the love and generosity of my friends and family as they funded my trip to Tanzania, Africa. Spent January living in a third world country helping people in remote villages receive free medical care. Hiked Mt Kilimanjaro, hiked through waterfalls, swam in hot springs and spent 4 days camping in the African safari.
- Spent my spring break crashing my parents 25th wedding anniversary vacation in Hawaii. Still feel slightly bad about that but such an amazing trip of kayaking, jumping off cliffs, snorkeling and hiking with my favorite people.
- Traveled up and down the east coast watching my brother finish his collegian baseball career.
- Camped out at Firefly music festival for the third time with some incredible people where I saw my all-time favorite band, Kings of Leon after attempting to see them 3 OTHER TIMES. Got muddy, got hype and got burritos. Successful musical festival to say the least.
- Spent my twenty first birthday in Charleston, SC with my favorite people in the world drinking mimosas, going on ghost tours and stumbling around that amazing city.
- Ended the summer with the fam in Spokane, Washington watching my brother play profession baseball. Felt pretty freaking proud. Spent some time in Idaho on a boat while we were there too.
- Ended the year traveling for the past four months in Europe- UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, Spain and Norway. Did fun stuff like camping at Oktoberfest, EDM music festivals, dog sledding, jumping off mountains, hiking through canyons, biking around the Holland country side and so many other adventures.
- Finally, I’ll bring in 2017 surrounded by my favorite people in the entire world and appreciating their presence more than I ever had.
2016 has been the best year yet and I can’t wait to see what 2017 has coming for me.